In the news:
2019 Bethany Stahl Author Interview: Save the Arctic, Local News 8 WVLT, Knoxville, TN
2019 Polar bear sets out to 'Save the Arctic', Sandra Clark, Knox TN Today
2019 November 1: Celebrate Local Authors on National Authors Day, ArtsKnoxville
2019 Featured authors will be announced on National Authors Day, Nov. 1, Knoxville Daily Sun
2019 52 Best New Ocean Books to Read in 2019, Book Authority
2019 Books (Encouraging Literacy through Science), Walker Primary School, London, UK
2019 Recommended Ecology Books for Children and Youth, NCIPL, Creation Care Alliance
2019 National Authors Day "Celebrate Our Authors", Knoxville, TN
2019 Bethany Stahl Author Interview: Save the Ocean, WATE6-ABC, Living East Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
2019 RARE Author Interview, Twitter
2019 Books That Just Might Spark the Love of Travel in Kids, Pie Lady Life
2019 Best Ocean Books: The Ultimate Collection, Book Lovin' Geek Mamas
2019 Rare Books - Summer 2019, Rare in Rare Form, Rare
2019 7 Books for World Ocean Day, Teach Peace Now
2019 Bethany Stahl Author Interview: Save the Ocean, Local News 8 WVLT, Knoxville, TN
How long will you be at our school?
You will have me for the entire day! I am fine visiting class to class, or setting up in an art, music, gym/stage room, or library and letting groups of students come to me! My books content are geared towards PreK-2rd grade, however for 3rd+ grades, I will be able to talk more about being an author and illustrator, take part in activities and answer more in-depth questions about writing!
What do you cover in your visit?
1) I will first introduce myself to the class and explain that I am both the author and illustrator including what that means (5 mins)
2) I will read my book (15 mins)
3a) For the younger kids I will play a game in my book. Each book has a search and find, or activity within the book we do together. (15 mins)
3b) For the older kids, I can either:
1) Teach them how to draw one of the characters (15 mins) OR
2) Create a short story with one of the characters (15 mins) OR
3) Create an activity (30+ mins - for small groups of kids only - extra $)
- Save the Ocean: Create a turtle craft from recycled bottles (turtles can be created in groups and hung around the classroom)
- Save the Arctic: Create an eco-friendly pinwheel to pair with lesson about renewable energy.
- Save the Bees: Create a bee home with recycled bottles and bamboo
4) I will go over any questions including how I create my illustrations, what subjects are important for authors and illustrators (hint, they all are!), how they can create their own stories, how I get my ideas, etc.
5) Give the students or teachers (based on your preference) signed copies of the book(s)
How much does a school visit cost?
It is FREE if your school orders 30 books or more.
Every student will get to bring home a coloring page.
Prior to my visit, I will send a .PDF copy of my order form that will need to be sent home with all students who will be at my presentation 1 month prior to my visit. Forms and payments are due 3 weeks before my visit so I have time to personalize and sign every book, have them organized by teacher and class so they are ready for the day of.
Paperback books will be available at a discounted price of $10 per book, and any orders count from students, staff, parents, and more.
If 0-9 books are ordered the cost for the visit is $100
If 10-19 book are ordered the cost for the visit is $75
If 20-29 books are ordered the cost is for the visit is $50
*Prices for schools within a two hours of Knox Co.
Contact Bethany Stahl